Wednesday 4 January 2012

Monday 31st October 11

A good day, despite going to bed at something like 4am and being woken up at 8.50am by a phone call from Ben, asking if I'd like to take my laptop round to have the power jack repaired.

So, after breakfast I went round with my laptop and power lead, and some fresh pears, and a bag of dried apples and pears, and some walnuts.  These were partly as a thank you for his offer of help, and partly as it is his birthday.  He asked me to come and collect it later.

I then spent a good hour or more dealing with the last of the pumpkin seeds left over from last week's York Rotters Pumpkin Evening.  I put the pulp and seeds into a bowl of water and the seeds tend to float, so I can skim them off into a drainer and from there onto sheets of paper to dry in front of a stove.

The rest of the day was a bit of a blur.

No comments: