Friday 1 April 2011

Thursday 31st March 11

Up quite early to see Liam who was heading off in a taxi at 8.45, so he could get the 8.20 train and get to his interview in Durham.

I made up my muesli, had breakfast and then went back to bed for a doze.  Luxury!  I just had an hour, but I wallowed in it...

Then I had a busy morning doing assorted housework, paperwork, admin and the like.  I wasn't feeling very bright... tired, headachy and I've got a cough which is really annoying.

I did a bit of work in the garden and collected logs from Jamie's house and tidied up after the strong gusts of wind which were blowing things around. Working outside made me feel a bit better.

I got a message from an old friend who wanted to talk, so at 5.30 I went to The Brown Cow and had just over an hour of quite intense but enjoyable conversation, after which I cycled 3 sacks of compost down to the St Clements Church beds which Edible York is doing up.  Dave gave me a tour of the area and there's a lot of soil which could do with improvement.  My 30 sacks will be a minimum.  Volunteers were stripping turf, so I came home with a load of that, which should come in useful.

No comments: