Thursday 26 March 2009

Wednesday 25th March 09

Up early, Gill got me up at 7 to light the stove and get myself ready to leave the house at 7.50, so as I could get the 8.24 train to Leeds. Then I got the 9.05 to Wakefield, and the 9.31 to Featherstone where there was a brilliant event...

Graham Lee, supplier of Sempertex balloons, runs regular 'Care and Share' days which he does to help balloonologists, entertainers and other performers develop their balloon modelling skills, and inspire them to get deeper into the amazing art of balloon modelling. I had been told about this by my friend 'Henrietta Rabbit' who runs a successful entertainment company, with all sorts of face painters, magicians, balloon modellers and more. She's even booked me to do some stuff occasionally.

This event was the first Care and Share Performance day, with Danny Schlesinger running two one-hour workshops on Performance and Performing with Balloons. He was really good... patient, experienced, funny, with dry wit, encouraging and was very aware of psychology, body language and the art of entertaining and how to perform for audiences.

Much Much More to come in this post within 36 hours... possibly with a photo!

No comments: