Saturday 20 September 2008

Saturday 20th September 08

A Fiddlesticks work day, cycled to Selby to do a gig for my friend Mark, who attends a church called St James, and the gig was an outreach fun day ('Fun-B-Que') organised by
The Edge Project. Everything was free... food, bouncy castle, face painting, 'gospel magician', band, me, and more. I got there at 11.20 after a good cycle down the York to Selby cycle path (Route 65) including getting a 'tow' (cycling in the slipstream) from a couple on a brand new tandem, on a day out from Tockwith.

The 'Fun B Que' was from 12 til 3 and was a lovely event, which I enjoyed adding to, and the weather was perfect! I very much enjoyed my cycle back, and was delighted to meet my friend Lorna within a group of about 10 cyclists on a try-out round trip. Lorna's twin lives close to York and is a very keen cyclist, so she was there with her husband on recumbents. The editor of Velovision magazine (Peter Eland) had supplied some of the bikes, so we stopped at his house briefly before going over the Millenium Bridge. I parted from Lorna and company near the University as they had parked a mile away in the Heworth area.

So I came home with a smile. I had some soup for tea and chopped a few logs, bagged up some leafmould as it's that time of year again to empty last year's leafmould container to refill it soon.

Restful evening.

No comments: